Last night I decided to start My Plain Jane as my first book for the readathon. I am really doubting I’ll be able to get to all 5 books from my tbr, BUT I realized I can easily double up the challenge prompts.
My Plain Jane will count for a book with purple on the cover (if you have the Owlcrate exclusive cover, that is…which I don’t, but I know that it exists and that it is purple, so I’m counting it), as well as a book not set in this time.
I read a whopping 8 pages before falling asleep last night, but as soon as I woke up this morning I managed to read to around page 86, and I am currently on page 118. I still don’t know if I’m going to love this book, but I do love that it is a quick and easy way to kind of revisit Jane Eyre. Kind of. In a really cheesy way. Definitely cheesy.
And now for a recap of my day in pictures:
- Husband brought me coffee in bed, and I got right back to the book I barely started last night.
- The Spookathon Photo Challenge prompt on Instagram was SKULL. My son thought that this was the best book cover choice because the skull is so subtle. In his opinion, people will like that more. Okay, kiddo.
- Kids and I went to the beach so they could catch Pokemon…
- So many Pokemon!
- We stopped by Savers for book shopping… I mean… to drop off donations. But I mean, we were there, soooooooooo. We got some great books.
- This kid could’t wait to start Dory Fantasmagory
- I got a couple pages of reading in at soccer practice this evening.
- I could watch my baby read a chapter book to himself all night. He whisper read chapter one to himself, then had me read chapters 1 through 3 to him. We’d recently read two other Dory Fantasmagory books that we checked out from the library and he loves them! LOVES THEM! They are pretty great, I must admit. So we were so happy to find this at the thrift store today.
And now I am off to bed. How many pages will I get to before my eyes give out on me tonight? Place your bets now.